What a difference a year makes! I was buying all sorts of strange things last year for Black Friday (and I have the link to prove it!) - and this year, I think things are better under control. Shudder. Here was last year's picks - http//minidoc.lookfab.com/post/a-very-canadian-black-friday
I stayed within my budget, and hopefully they are all things that I will be able to work into my wardrobe. I did not include #3 and #4 in my Black Friday budget because I already owned the pieces and I was able to price match (and got about $50 back!)
1) Kate Spade "Courtney" Dot Dress - $68
2) Le Chateau "Bengaline Fit & Flare" - Violet - $75
3) Le Chateau "Bengaline Fit & Flare" - Indigo - Price Match - $75
4) Le Chateau "Tweed Scoop Neck Dress" - Price Match - $75
5) Le Chateau "Fit and Flare Boat Neck Dress" - Pomegranate - $50
6) Le Chateau "Fit and Flare Knit Dress" - Black - $50
7) ModCloth "Dressed to Empress Necklace" - $8
8) ModCloth "Before You Leaf Top" - $17
9) Emily and Fin "Get What You Dessert Dress in Dots" - $50
10) Le Chateau "Double Knit Fit and Flare Dress" - $50
11) Le Chateau "Viscose Blend Check Asymmetrical Dress" - $75
I was pretty disappointed by Anthropologie - the additional 20% didn't really appeal, neither did the $20 shipping cost when everywhere else was offering essentially free shipping. Even the stickler ModCloth had a coupon for me to use to take 15% off any purchase and they let me double dip my discounts. Not really sure why Anthro was so stingy. I found a few pairs of earrings I really liked, but I'm not paying $20 to ship earrings!!!
It doesn't look like there is a lot of colour, just at a glance at my pics once they are all uploaded, and it seems I love dots! The dress in #5 is supposed to be red, but they don't have a picture of it! :3 I am hoping to use it as my holiday party dress! For the first time, I have a date! I am actually looking forward to the holidays this year as not a depressing few weeks of solitude (in my Fortress of Solitude). I thought that replicating the dots of #1 and #9 are okay since #9 is really a cotton summer dress, and I love dots enough year-round! I had tried on #11 in store last year, but thought the original price of $150 was a bit too steep for me at that time; I'm glad I was able to snag one of the last ones!
I also bought a few gifts for family - so my Christmas shopping is all done :) To top it all off, had dinner with my favourite non-family person, and went to see the new Hunger Games (recommend!) - Very content and happy, even with no turkey!
Happy Black Friday :3