I just noticed something rather strange - I think I have my closet proportioned as follows with hangers - unintentionally!
I bought a few packages of velvet hangers, and it just so happened to be proportioned like this:
- 50 black hangers = year-round work dresses
- 25 blue hangers w/ hooks = blouses (hooks for skirts)
- 25 green hangers w/ hooks = casual and date dresses
- 25 beige hangers w/ hooks = summer work dresses
- 25 clear clips = skirts
- 25 thicker plastic hangers = blazers, outerwear, etc.
And I'm thinking of starting a collection of how Anthropologie wears a lot of the pieces that I have - as inspiration on how to wear what I already have!
What are your proportions like in your closets?